BIOLOGICAL DENTISTRY IS A QUALITY OF LIFE CHOICE IN HOUSTON, TX
Imagine a lifestyle decision with benefits extending from self-esteem to improved health. Think about the lifelong value of wellness and vigor, and what that means to your finances and free time. What if this choice supported appearance, comfort, and emotional balance? These are important considerations in opting for biological dentistry. Houston, TX dentist, Dr. Marilyn Jones brings the best of conventional dentistry into the age of technology combined with human warmth.
Understanding biological dentistry
Biological dentistry is a holistic approach to treating the entire patient – mouth, body, mind, and spirit. The concept is that the mouth is indeed part of the body and the state of the body influences mood and emotion. It is dentistry with a preventive focus, aimed at promptly restoring balance to maintain optimal wellness. Underlying causes of problems are recognized and addressed, rather than treating symptoms. The term “biological” refers to treatment techniques and materials that first, have no adverse effect on the body, and second, restore the oral condition.
Distinguishing traits of biological dentistry in Houston, TX
Here are some of the characteristics that define Dr. Jones’ care. Please be aware that philosophy varies greatly among dentists who say they practice biological, holistic, or natural dentistry.
- Mercury-free fillings – Rather than noticeable silver-colored, mercury-laden fillings, Dr. Jones uses BPA-free composite material that blends beautifully.
- Mercury-safe amalgam removal – Amalgam is safely removed using special equipment, protective gear, and stringent techniques.
- Ozone therapy – A natural solution for healing and disinfection.
- Ceramic dental implants – A biocompatible alternative to titanium, that looks like your own tooth and is stronger than titanium. It does not corrode or conduct electricity.
- No root canals – Root canal therapy leaves a dead tooth in your mouth, with the potential to release toxins throughout the body.
- No fluoride – This highly toxic substance can have serious adverse health effects. Dr. Jones stresses natural ways to keep teeth strong and enamel remineralized.
- Extra attention to non-toxic methods of sterilization and patient care.
- Advanced instruments for prevention, early detection, accurate diagnostics, and effective treatment of oral problems.
Dr. Marilyn Jones - Houston Biological Dentist
A graduate from the University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dr. Jones holds a master’s degree in chemistry from the University of Houston. She is a passionate, skilled, and talented dental surgeon with a drive for excellence.
While previously being a tenured Assistant Professor of chemistry & an Assistant Professor of integrative dentistry, Dr. Jones continues to educate and update herself on the modern approaches and practices of dentistry and related advances in healthcare to ensure that she delivers the best possible care and service to her patients.