HOUSTON, TX PATIENTS GET STRAIGHTER SMILES WITH ORTHODONTIC COSMETIC ALIGNERS
Are you one of the countless adults who would like to have attractively straight teeth? Yet, the noticeable appearance and dietary restrictions of braces just do not fit into your grown-up lifestyle? Dr. Marilyn Jones of Houston Biological Dentist in Houston, TX urges you to consider orthodontic cosmetic aligners.
What are orthodontic cosmetic aligners?
Conventional braces reposition teeth with a system of cemented metal bands and brackets, connected by wires to create force. Through a process of bone remodeling, teeth are pushed and pulled into position. Aligners stimulate bone remodeling by applying gentle, incremental pressure with removable appliances.
A series of aligners is computer-designed from three-dimensional images of your mouth to gradually shift teeth from their current position to a straight, appealing smile. You simply wear aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, then move to the next set in about two weeks.
Cosmetic aligners: The clear orthodontic solution in Houston, TX
This method of cosmetic straightening is very popular, for many good reasons:
- Aligners are transparent! Most people won’t realize you are having orthodontic treatment unless they look very closely.
- The computer-generated virtual treatment plan lets you see how your smile will be transformed.
- Aligners are made of smooth plastic, with no hardware to irritate delicate mouth tissues. The fit is comfortably snug, and there are no wire tightening appointments – only brief six-week checkups.
- You may drink water with aligners in place but take them out to eat a normal diet. Just brush before reinserting.
- Since aligners are removable, home hygiene is a breeze. Brush and floss as usual.
- Since the intent of this straightening system is to improve smile aesthetics, not bite problems, treatment is efficient. Each case is unique, but it could be done in approximately 12 months with good compliance.
- You get to enjoy improvement as it occurs since your smile is visible (not hidden by braces).
Dr. Marilyn Jones - Houston Biological Dentist
A graduate from the University of Texas Health Science Center Dental School where she received her Doctor of Dental Surgery, Dr. Jones holds a master’s degree in chemistry from the University of Houston. She is a passionate, skilled, and talented dental surgeon with a drive for excellence.
While previously being a tenured Assistant Professor of chemistry & an Assistant Professor of integrative dentistry, Dr. Jones continues to educate and update herself on the modern approaches and practices of dentistry and related advances in healthcare to ensure that she delivers the best possible care and service to her patients.
Reviews From Google